Monday 22 July 2013

Autodesk ReCap Update Issues

Recap let me know that an update was available, so I downloaded it.  When I tried to run autodeskrecap_sp1_for43.24_x64.msp I got a warning:

Fail

I created a support request with Autodesk (always worth while doing so at the very least they become aware of the issue) and got the following response:

Thank you for your request on your Autodesk Support.

Step 1 - Check the version of "ReCap" installed on your computer by clicking the about box (capture_1).

Step 2 - Check the ReCap version written in your system registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Autodesk ReCap\R1.0\ProductSpecific" and update it to match the version found in "Step 1" (capture_2) .

Step 3 - Close the registry and restart your computer. Start ReCap and try to re-install the update.

Capture_1Capture_2

There was indeed a discrepancy; I had 1.0.43.27 in the product and 1.0.43.24 in the registry which I amended to suit.

I ran the update again but it still didn’t work.  There was a little gotcha.  When I downloaded the original update it had given me the version to match my registry (.24).  If you click on product update again, it downloads .27 to match the updated registry.  All is well and ReCap is up to date.

BTW, internet searches on this product spits update odd results.  It appears that there is an awful lot to recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment